Iwisa Samp 1kg
This product is currently sold out.
Iwisa Samp is dried corn kernels which are cooked in very much the same way as rice. It's a great alternative to potatoes, rice and pasta. Iwisa Samp has no protein and a low oil content.
Traditionally, Iwisa Samp is served with beans and fried onion as an accompaniment for a stew.
Try it as a 'rissotto' - add some spinach, cubed squash, beet, lots of seasoning and herbs, garlic and a bit of hot sauce or with loads of herbs and chillies plus mixed beans.
Maize [Wheat (Gluten)}
- Rinse and drain Samp
- Cover Samp with cold water and soak overnight
- Bring water and salt to boil in a medium pot
- Add Samp and stir with a fork while boiling cover with a lid
- Turn down heat and simmer for 90 minutes or until cooked
- Stir occasionally while Samp is cooking
- Fluff with a fork before serving
Optional: Add one Tablespoon of butter.